2006-04-27

Preparations

So, I have gathered together most of my gear and packed up my pack. It is a little heavier than I want it to be, but I'm not sure how much lighter I can make it.

Gear List:
2 short sleeved polyester shirts
2 long sleeved polyester shirts
2 pairs convertible pants
3 pairs of quick-dry sports socks
1 pair long underwear
3 pairs underwear
1 fleece
1 Montane Featherlite smock
1 pair lightweight gloves
1 Montbell Silk Sleeping Sack
1 Lightweight sleeping bag
2 Bandanas
1 microfibre towel

Katadyn Pocket Filter
Leatherman Pocket Tool
Small Swiss Army Knife
Compact Sewing Kit
First Aid Kit
Zip Ties
2 1L Platypus water "bottles"
1 mini Maglite
Umbrella

Nikon D70 with lens, battery charger
60GB iPod with charger, camera adapter
Moleskine Notebooks
Harmonica

That's pretty much it. Am I missing anything? Is there anything I should leave behind? I'm actually kind of tempted to sell the D70 and buy a more compact digital camera. That would save a good amount of space in my pack and a good bit of weight. However, I like the control that this camera offers and I don't think I can get that from a standard compact camera.

Incidently, my pack is only 35L.

So, that leaves getting started. My current thought is still to try to cross Russia via the Trans-Siberian Express, however that may prove to be a bit too difficult or complicated. However, if that doesn't work out, I have found rather cheap flights from Tokyo to either Frankfurt or London, so I have a fairly easy back-up if Russia doesn't work out.

Anyway, I will post again when I decide...

0 件のコメント: